Specific Instructions for Form 1099-MISC
File Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income, for each person in the course of your business to whom you have paid the following during the year:
- At least $10 in royalties (see the instructions for box 2) or broker payments in lieu of dividends or tax-exempt interest (see the instructions for box 8).
- At least $600 in:
Rents (box 1);
- Prizes and awards (box 3);
- Other income payments (box 3);
- Generally, the cash paid from a notional principal contract to an individual, partnership, or estate (box 3);
- Any fishing boat proceeds (box 5);
- Medical and health care payments (box 6);
- Crop insurance proceeds (box 9);
- Payments to an attorney (box 10) (see Payments to attorneys, later);
- Section 409A deferrals (box 12); or
- Nonqualified deferred compensation (box 14).
You must also file Form 1099-MISC for each person from whom you have withheld any federal income tax (report in box 4) under the backup withholding rules regardless of the amount of the payment.
For COMPLETE IRS details
Visit the IRS
For additional help with 1099 preparation….Call our office